These workshops offer a wide variety of information on all different levels of Lien and Bond and UCC filing education. Attend the workshop that best fits your needs.
"Just got out of your class today on liens and bonds and I feel empowered. Much more knowledgeable than when I walked in the door. Your presentation was absolutely great, humorous, to the point, and very informative. Not one minute was wasted time."
–Mary Winton, Darr Equipment
Event – Complimentary Webinar
FREE STS State Specific Mechanic’s Lien Webinars
Construction credit is unique and construction oriented credit managers need to be experts in maximizing the leverage provided by lien and bond statutes. Each session addresses the construction lien process on a State specific basis.
- Justify the credit
- Ladder of Supply, define the players
- Who has the right to file a lien
- Suppliers to suppliers defined
- Preliminary Notice
- Identify and verify the property owner
- Forms and formats, it’s State and reputed owner specific
- Who to notify
- Dollar amounts on preliminary notices
- Overcoming objections to serving preliminary notices
- Managing the Process
- Collecting job information
- Verifying job information
- Serving the preliminary notice
- Tracking next action dates
- Public Construction
- Obtain a copy of the payment bond
- Public, Private, Partnership (P3)
- Miller Act vs. Little Miller Act
Return to top.